3.1.12

Simplicity

Hi! Happy New Year to you all.

I welcome 2012 by creating simple yet charming pendant style necklaces. It's said that sometimes Less is More. How true.

(1) Purple Teardrop with Matryoshka Charm Necklace

Pendant under natural lighting. It is wrapped with silver plated wire to accentuate the handcrafted feel

Held against my wrist, the glass reflects lights beautifully, this is also what it will look like when resting against the neck

When lighted from the back, the glass will look transparent


(2) Lucite Heart Shape Pendant with Quill Charm and Leaves

Lucite bead as a focal point is adorned with two leaf beads and a quill charm




(3) Freeform Weave Prehnite Pendant

I always love irregular shapes of stones, they look organic. The one I use here is a date-shape prehnite ( a kind of mineral that resembles the flesh of white grapes). It is faceted, and I want it to look more "shabby", so I wrought around it a swirl of gold tinted wire. I've done it several times with different tone of wire and this is the one that I am most satisfied with.

Laid on my fingers

Attached to a dark brown genuine leather string, another option to metal chain


沒有留言: