3.11.11

Materials I work with

Basically, my favorite material is natural gemstone. Gemstones are beautiful and come in a huge color selections. Many of it also are believed to have metaphysical properties as well, this fact charms me.
Other components such as metal-like alloy, or stainless steel, or non-tarnish wire, are also materials that I work most with. With non-tarnish wire, it doesn't mean that the coating won't come off, it just takes longer for it to come off. Also, craft wire comes in multi colors. Stainless steel offers non-tarnish quality too, but it is, you know, steel, and they look like steel, so I use this with reserve that it doesn't affect the feel and design of a certain piece.
Czech beads and crystals are also my favorite, I use them a lot. They are rich in color and shapes, the ideal counterpart for natural stones.
Strings and suede also come in the list. I seldom use fabric or feather as I don't like to work with glue gun or glue in general (I do use glue to secure fishing line finishing, as it only requires a small amount). But I keep this preferences open.
There are so many exciting materials out there waiting to be explored, I'll post related news once I've tried them.

沒有留言: